Just received this from Médecins Sans Frontières Canada and was compelled to share it.
A wonderful way to say thank you, through the use of a remarkable story.
Why is it so good?
- It wasn't about MSF, it was about me. And my partnership as a monthly donor. In fact 11 times, I heard the words you/you're.
- The timing was great. Just as we are winding down for the Holiday season, a timely reminder of why I support MSF. How do you think I go into 2011 feeling about the work they do?
- A story. Yes, a wonderful, warm and moving story about a beautiful little girl called Mirlanda. Shared by video.
- The email did all the things it should, and easily. All the good stuff before the fold, was viewable as a landing page if not through your email platform and I could share it with a friend.
- It bought me really close. Not just through Mirlanda's story, but by showing me the sign made by the people of Haiti. Love it.
- I was thanked six times in the email. And genuinely.
Hats off to the MSF team for inspiring me, and hopefully many others at the end of 2010. Keep up the amazing work helping people like Mirlanda.
For more thank you tips, check out an earlier post here.